Thursday, November 23, 2006

Rain, rain, rain ....

It has been raining a lot lately, which means I did not ride the XP much. I don't mind getting wet myself, but exposing the chain and drivetrain to water and mud, no thanks, not me. This means that I have been riding my velomobile only lately and the XP was parked inside the garage. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a front pannier rack from CORDO ,but they did not send me the adapter set for forks without eyelets. These arrived this week so I installed the front rack, as you can see in the picture. Still have to find a solution for the upper rack claw, because the rack does not open wide enough due to the beefy fork. It stays in place, but I don't want it to rattle while riding. Also haven't tried to ride the XP with a fully loaded set of panniers yet, that's somehting I'll have to try soon.


I also finally picked my Zenetik Pro bike from my friend's place. The bike was ready more than a week ago, but because of the neverending rain ... - right. I did not have the chance to ride it yet, but the rain'll have to stop someday, and then .... I can't imagine that the Zenetik Pro will ride as comfortable as the XP, but it should be faster though. Can't wait to find out !

No comments: