Saturday, July 26, 2008

Home again ....

Last Fridaynight, my wife and I returned home from our trip. The weather turned out to be great, it rained all day on Monday but it got better every day. Total milage was around 280 miles, a little less than last year because the starting point was way closer to home. We also had the biggest group so far (28 riders), which is a pretty high number of riders. All kind of bicycles were present : regular bikes, LWB's (there were 2 XP's this year !), trikes, velomobiles etc., so we sure attracted a lot of attention when riding through cities.

The XP performed very well, as expected. Towing the trailer never caused any trouble and the only thing I had to keep in mind was the length of my bike (loooooooong), as you can see in the picture. The only thing I did not like was that when arriving last Friday, I had a bit of a sore butt. I don't know the reason for this, I've done more miles than last week last year without any discomfort, but still .... Maybe I have to look at the angle of my seat again and do some modifications .... Anyway, I'm still very happy with the XP and it is a very good and comfortable touring bike !

Somewhere near Oostmalle on day 2

More pictures of our trip can be seen here .

No comments: