Thursday, August 24, 2006

And keeping them there ....

I stayed dry all night long, but when it was time to go home, it started to rain. It gave me the opportunity to test the mudflaps on wet surfaces and they seem to do their job : no more water and dirt spraying up anymore. Close to home, the front mudflap fell off and I heard a loud "ping!" coming from the back. I stopped to pick up the mudflap (the plastic pin connecting it to the fender was gone - as to be expected) and could not find anything else wrong with my bike, so I continued riding home. This afternoon I connected both mudflaps to the fenders with small nuts and bolts so they're supposed to stay in place this time.
While cleaning up my bike, I discoverd that 2 spokes in the rear wheel are broken -hence the "ping!" sound earlier this day ! Strange thing to brake 2 spokes at the same time, but anyway .... I'll bring my rear wheel to my bikeshop tomorrow morning and they promised to have the spokes replaced and the wheel trued by tomorrow night. I also checked the rear wheel sprocket, which turns out to be an 18 tooth cog. I want to replace it by a bigger cog, which will give me more lower gear. Still have to check with my bikeshop whether or not he has bigger cogs in stock ....

No comments: