Friday, May 04, 2007

And then ...

Two weeks after I sent Shimano an e-mail I received an answer telling me that they stopped producing that sensor two years ago. Sent them a mail back to inform them that it is still mentioned on their website, but I don't think think the big S company cares though ....
Strangely enough, the sensor is working again. A couple of nights ago I took my XP to ride to work and the lights switched on automatically when it got dark, so maybe ....
Overall, I'm very happy with the new tires. They are not slower, they produce a nice humming sound and most important : they do not throw up sand and dust like the Big Apples used to do. It must be the thread, which is completely different. With the Big Apples, the seat between my legs was always covered with sand, no matter where I rode the XP. Well, that's history now. Can't tell much about durability yet, only time will tell.
I also received Rans' latest brochure this week (I ordered another handlebar for my Zenetik Pro), so I could start drooling over these nice bikes Rans produces. Man, that Titanium XP .... wow !!! If only it was not so expensive, I'd .... yeah right !

No comments: