Thursday, May 24, 2007

My personal 5 seconds of fame ....

My mother in law called me last Monday, to tell me that I had been on TV riding the XP. The local TV-station from Turnhout had an item about how bike-friendly this town is (yeah right, in your dreams !) but since they repeat their program over and over, I decided to take a look. And yep, there I was : cruising near the canal on my Stratus XP, not aware at all that someone was filming me. I did not count the seconds they showed me (it's just a few seconds anyway), but they showed the XP pretty good. A little strange to see yourself on TV, but no big deal, just a few collegues from worked also saw it mentioned it to me.
Last night, I took a ride with my XP near the canal and at one point, I passed 2 fishermen sitting besides the canal. They both saw me coming and when I passed them, I heard one of them say to the other one : "Hey, that's the guy on his weird bike they showed on TV!" It was very weird to hear such a thing coming from a complete stranger !
For those who are interested and wanna watch, you can see the (short) broadcast here (WMP only - I'll cruise by around 1'28") and please, no autographs ;-)
The least you can say, is that you get noticed when riding a bike like the XP !

1 comment:

FlyingLaZBoy said...

I had a similar "5 seconds" on television in the Dallas area a few months ago while on my SXP, where they did a piece on linking trails in the area. They showed our group of 20 riders taking off from a parking lot, and I was the first one in line, heading straight towards the camera!

Congrats!
Paul