Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Late summer ride

Today was such a beautiful day that I simply had to ride my bike. Although I planned to ride my Zenetik Pro, I took my XP instead, planning to ride for a couple of hours. I decided to ride to the crossing of the canals, where very recently a watch tower has been put up . I rode along the towpath all the way up to Dessel where I climbed all the way up. The view over there is magnificent, a lot of trees and of course the crossing of 3 main canals.

While coming down from the tower, 2 elderly man where watching my XP which I had parked at the bottom of the tower. When I approached, one of them asked me : "We were just looking at your wonderful bike, but we can't seem to find the battery ! Could you please tell us were the battery is installed ?" I managed not to burst out laughing, but told them it was not an electrical bike at all. When they pointed at my rear wheel, I told them that is my internal gear hub. They both had a lot of questions ( like usual ) which I explained very patiently before I took off. I've had some weird remarks regarding my XP in the past, but never someone taking it for an electric bike before ! I think my hair must be turning grey ;-)

View at the canals

No comments: