Sunday, October 22, 2006

Autumn has arrived.

My velomobile was ready and I picked it up last Thursday, so the XP isn't used for commuting anymore. Not that I did mind commuting on the XP, but my velomobile is faster and offers much more protection against the elements, especially during winter time.

After my night shift from last night, I took the XP for a 2-hour ride late this afternoon. It was cloudy and pretty windy, but with mild temperatures. So mild actually, that I used my SPD-sandals for the ride and did not put on the socks I had with me, just in case. Not many riders on the towpath, but a lot of pedestrians, all enjoying the changing of the colors. I did attrack a lot of attention with my shorts and sandals, compared to the other bicyclists, most of them dressed like it was already wintertime !
Especially after night shifts, the XP is my favorite ride. The seat is absolutely the most comfortable I ever sat on. No pressure points, no reaons to stop pedalling for any discomfort except when your legs get tired .... For me, it's the ultimate touring bike. Of course, all of my rides with the XP start at home. We only have a small car, so there's no possibility to transport the XP, but what the heck, there are so many beautiful rides around the place were I live, why bother ....

No comments: