Monday, October 16, 2006

National HPV Championships

Yesterday the National HPV Championships took place in the outdoor cycle track in Hulshout. Weather conditions were excellent : blues skies all over and a brisk breeze, so I decided to ride my XP to the place. It took me almost 2 hours to get there, but I missed a few exits. Not that I did mind, it was a nice ride and since it was Sunday, not much motorized traffic along the way. Most of the route to Hulshout was either on the towpath near the canal or on seperate bicycle lanes, it doesn't get any better than that !
Only a total of 17 riders showed up for the two races : the first race was a 10-round race (2 riders competing against eachother) and the second race was a 1-hour race. It took some pictures of the event, which can be seen here

Today was another nice autumn day, so I took my XP for a ride this afternoon. I tried out something new with my compact camera and the result can be seen by clicking on the "play" icon below. The camera was held in my left hand while riding the XP. Made an account on YouTube, were I downloaded the clip and imported it to this site.

The resolution from the clip on this site is worse than when you watch the clip on YouTube' site, but I can't explain why. Maybe the software is designed to do so ....

1 comment:

FlyingLaZBoy said...

Similar to your video from '06, I take a lot of photos while riding --- and occasionally drop the camera as low as I can hold it, taking pictures of the riders behind me in what I call "Squirrel Cam" mode... (grin)