Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bummer .....

Yesterday, another spoke broke in the rear wheel. This is the 4th spoke so far and I'm getting tired of it ! I rode to the bicycle shop yesterday morning to have them check my rear wheel and they instantly told me the spokes are too thin and too weak for the hub I'm using. They ordered a set of stronger ones, since they did not have the length I need in stock ( I need shorter ones since I'm using the Nexus hub ). I also noticed yesterday night that the light sensor is not working anymore, at least not the atomatic function. I've had this problem with these Shimano sensors before, it's still under warranty, so I'll trade it in for a new one. Luckily, I could still manually switch it to the "on" function, so I did not have to ride home without any light. The front light has an auto switch mode too, but the rear light cannot be connected to it, so I'll have to use the Shimano sensor to turn them on/off both ....

No comments: