Friday, May 05, 2006

On the road again !

Yesterday Fedex delivered the parts I ordered from Rans, so I could install the chopper bar to the XP again. It only took me half an hour to take the C-bar off and install the chopper bar. As expected, taking off the C-bar took most of the time. Anyway, the original chopper bar is back on the XP so it's ready to roll again !
I'm still looking almost straight into the small chopper bar fairing, but at least I'm able to look underneath it to see where my front wheel is rolling. I still need to find my personal "sweet spot" to fine tune the bars, but I'm in no hurry.

I also finished the lighting on the XP. Both the front and rear light are LED's, so no more worries about blown lightbulbs anymore. Since only the front light has a built in sensor switch (the rear light doesn't have one), I connected both lights to a Shimano light sensor switch. Whenever it's getting dark, both lights switch on automatically. It doesn't get more practical than this !
Both lights have built in reflectors, since traffic regulations in my country require both front and rear reflectors on bikes. Both lights also have a safe stop function, meaning that the light keeps burning for a couple of minutes after you stop riding the bike.

The front light

The rear light

No comments: